We took a break from the city on Saturday to go apple picking. It was the perfect day adventure, full with the fall’s miracle fruit, sun and pumpkin spice lattes.
While picking, I started to dream up recipes and more importantly, recipes that wouldn’t pack on the lbs. I’m looking at you, apple pie.
So after some experimenting, I came up with an apple dessert for around 200 calories.
Cinnamon Roasted Apples
2 apples, peeled and cored (I chose gala apples)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp granulated white sugar (If you want to go the extra mile, swap sugar for Splenda, Stevia or Truvia)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (I like a lot of cinnamon, but you can’t cut back to 1/2 tsp if you want)
Fat free Reddi-Wip or Cool Whip (About 2-4 tablespoons)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Peel and core your apples, slice into bite sized chunks
3. Place apple slices on tinfoil; pour vanilla over apples and toss to ensure the apples are evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle evenly the white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Wrap the apples tightly with the tinfoil, place on a cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Remove from foil, place on a serving dish and top with reddi-whip or cool whip.
So easy, right? About 5 minutes prep time. Delicious and satisfying for only 200 calories!