I’m reviving an old post with my latest terrarium friend, who I have aptly named homegirl.
What you’ll need:
- River rocks
- Potting Soil
- Sheet moss
- Large glass vase/urn/vessel
I found my vase at IKEA and ordered a terrarium “kit” from Amazon to make things easier.
1. Layer the river rocks at the base of the vase (this helps with draining)
2. Layer a 1/2 inch of charcoal over the rocks to aid in filtration
3. Add a thin layer of moss to prevent the soil from settling down into the rocks
4. Add soil
5. Add plants, whichever arrangement you like
6. Add an additional layer of moss over the soil and around the plants
As an optional step, you can add decorative accents or figurines to add color the terrarium.